IFMGA Pathway Application
To apply for a place on the IFMGA Pathway, you must present for consideration to the NZMGA Training Officer a mountaineering resume for both climbing and skiing.
- Logged Experience - Climbing requirements.
- Logged Experience - Skiing requirements.
In addition, you must meet the following requirements:
- Current Pre Hospital Emergency Care Certificate (40 hours) or equivalent.
- Avalanche Course Stage 1 Certificate or its overseas equivalent.
- Be at least 18 years old when your course starts.
- New Zealand resident or have a current work permit.
- Current Medical Certificate of fitness.
Once your application has been accepted, you'll be required to pass the 1 day Technical Rock Exam and 1 day Technical Ski Exam before entry into the training phase of the IFMGA Pathway.